Karora is an Irish brand and is described as ’where eco and chic meet to offer style, performance and a natural, ethical choice in beauty’. Karora cosmetics has an army of devoted fans and is a favorite of many Irish celebrities. I caught up with the creator of the brand, the lovely Ms Karen Brown
1. What beauty product could you not live without? besides my KARORA Tan – which goes without saying !! – it would be Mascara – two coats leave your eyes looking larger, defined and your face more “finished.”
2. What’s the best thing about being your own boss? Being in control of my life and my destiny. Although I work long hours, I am passionate about what I do – and I get to meet and work with people who share my passion for beauty. My favourite part of managing the KARORA brand is developing new products – what women wouldn’t want to design and develop their own beauty products!
3.When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt? I am always laughing, it’s a great stress reliever. My daughter Jessica makes me laugh everyday…
4. Have you ever had a tanning disaster? Yes, I had a few when I was younger and a tanning dummy – when I failed to pay attention to the usual problem areas – hands, knees and ankles. Which is why we have worked very hard to ensure that KARORA botanical bronzing range is easy to apply, delivers streak free, golden results using pure formulas which help to minimise these problems.
5. Who’s the best person you’ve worked with? I get to work with great people all the time including my business partner, celebrities and models.
6.What item of clothing should every girl have in their wardrobe? I am shoe girl – I dream of louboutins – but a nice pair of skinny jeans and a cute top are the perfect go to anywhere outfit.
7. Do you have an embarrassing celebrity crush? I am mad about Elvis – does that count ?
8. Instant or gradual tan? I am an instant girl myself – instant colour, instant results – the darker the better – this is a re- occurring theme in all aspects of my life – I have no patience and want everything yesterday!
9. In your opinion which celebrity wears the worst/best fake tan? Pippa O’Connor, Roz Purcell and I was pretty impressed with Kate and Pippa Middleton’s wedding tans! On the other end of the spectrum – the towie tans make me cringe.
10. What’s your worst habit? Nail biting…
11. Who’s your favorite fashion designer? Stella McCartney
12.What’s next for Karen and Karora cosmetics? Where getting ready for the summer and launching a nationwide KARORA campaign (watch this space)