This week I caught up with gorgeous top model, presenter and writer Alison Canavan.
1. What one beauty product could you not live without?
Touche éclat for those early morning with a baby
2. What’s your favorite high street store?
Zara- great mix for all occasions
3 . Who’s your style inspiration? and How would you describe your style?
I love Christy Turlington for her Simple elegance. I wear what suits me not what’s in fashion. I love dresses and as a mum I like to be comfortable. In the evening though a LBD is always sexy and a pair of killer heels.
4. Who’s your best friend?
My sister Laura
5. Who’s the best person you’ve worked with?
There have been a lot but I have to say Irish designers like louise kennedy and Peter O’Brien stand out in my memory.
6. What item of clothing should every girl have in their wardrobe? and What has been your best fashion buy?
A great pair of jeans, great black heels. A default dress for those surprise dates (I’m waiting) and a LBD. A great white Furla bag that has lasted me years!
7. What’s been your biggest achievement?
Being a mum
8. Tell us something people don’t know about you?
I care too much, I trust too easily and I still believe in true love.
9. What advise would give to someone trying to make it in the modeling industry?
Be honest with yourself, work hard. It’s not an easy job and its not just about what you look like. Travel, explore and use this great opportunity to do good and give back.
10. What’s your worst habit?
11. Who’s your favorite fashion designer?
12.What’s next for Alison Canavan?
My new website AlisonCanavan.com which will be video based. It will have everything from parenting to health and beauty and I will also have a section on depression. I have my 0To Toddler shows happening aroundIreland from the 20th of july. I am the new ambassador for barnardos buggy push happening on sep 2nd in the phoenix park. Above all I hope to have a life full of love, happiness and giving back.
Picture Source: 2fm.rte.ie, alisoncanavan.com